GET THIS BLOG IN YOUR LANGUAGE

5/24/2011

CRUSTY OUTSIDE-SOFT INSIDE WHOLEMEAL BREAD

I started to bake bread in my convection halogen oven some years ago, but when I discovered this method I decided not to use another one. I must proudly say I invented the method myself...And yet...maybe not in fact, because cakes and muffins were baked in silicone moulds before. But bread? Maybe I was the first.

I must add, I was inspired by the bread baked in cloché method. Such bread is baked in the oven covered with a glass or clay bell (the cloché) which creates an ideal and precise environment for  the bread to be baked with the right amound of humidity...Do you remember the trick of placing a dish with water in the oven, or briefly spraying the bread with water? Well the cloché seems to have the same effect.

But in my case,  I'm substituting a silicone mould for the bell. In order to recreate the closed environment, I use a silicone mould with a lid, in fact it is supposed to be used for steaming...But for me, it's my bread mould.Forever. Except when I use my breadmaker of course.



WHAT YOU WILL NEED

Your favourite bread dough (white, wholemeal, or as you like...).
A silicone mould with a lid. If you haven't one, you can fake it using to identical deep silicone moulds, one of them placed upside down over the other...just like a lid.
Your glass convection oven

WHAT TO DO

It's so easy. Make your dough as usual, either by hand, a dough maker with hooks or with a breadmaker.

If you're using a breadmaker, you can take advantage of the DOUGH setting and proof the dough inside the machine. Then carefully transferring it to the mold to bake.

Place it in the silicone mold taking care not to overfill it (please see photo in the slide), place the lid of mold (mine is not a tight lid, it's a simple overlapping one) and let proof in your convection oven for approximately 1 hour, using a very low temperatura such as WASH...you might even not to turn on the oven if it's hot. Remember, you can skip this step if you already proofed your dough in your breadmaker.

After an hour, you can briefly check your bread dough; if it's risen enough, replace lid and bake for approximately 35 minutes (depending on size....checking your bread  periodically won't affect the process) using the BAKE setting. (180ºC, approx. 350ºF). If after this time you see your bread is still not done, prolong the time. If you like it especially crusty on the top, bake it uncovered at the maximum temperatura for 5 minutes.

And that's all! Now watch the slide..



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario